New to the world of eyelash extensions?
– We understand the need to save money. However, bargain shopping eyelash extensions is not the best idea when it comes to the health & safety of your eyes! Price does not always equal quality. There is a fast growing and disturbing scenario in today’s industry. The amount of damaging and faulty applications that we have come across is increasing immensely. We write this in hopes of protecting you and others from a negative experience. Technicians that are not trained properly or licensed can seriously damage the health and look of your lashes, sometimes permanently. Bald spots, pain, irritation, and lash thinning are just a few of the problems that can occur from “bad” lash jobs. Most times, you may not know until its too late and the damage has been done. Eyelashes done correctly are not damaging and are a way to emphasize your beauty! When done correctly, they are weightless and virtually maintenance free! Here at Vanity Lash Lounge, we pamper and value the health of your lashes. We give education and tips on how to care for your lashes to create the best possible outcome. Each one of our lash artists has been trained to meet the highest standards in order to give you beautiful healthy lashes for years to come!
How should you come to your appointment?
Eyelash extensions – Please come to your appointment with clean eyelashes to make the most of your appointment! Please do not curl your lashes.
Waxing – Waxing can be a less-than-comfortable experience, but here are some great hints that can make your waxing procedure pleasant!
• Take ibuprofen at least 20 minutes beforehand may help dull your pain receptors (as long as it’s not contraindicated by your doctor).
• The day of your waxing, limit your caffeine intake as it can stimulate the nervous system which can make you more sensitive and red.
• For females, try to schedule your appointment within the first 2 weeks after you have ended your cycle as this is when you are probably retaining the least amount of fluid, and should probably be the least sensitive. We will still wax our clients if they are on their cycle as long as they wear a tampon and know they will most likely be more sensitive.
• For body waxing treatments, please allow about 2 weeks of growth before your visit.
Everyone’s hair grows at a different pace, but 2 weeks is a good rule-of-thumb. The longer the growth (within reason) will mean less tweezing and a cleaner wax. Your hair must be at least half the length of your pinky nail (go ahead… check your pinky!)
• If you do not wax or shave your hair at all, please do not trim. If trimming is needed we will do it for you.
• Do not apply self tanner, moisturizer, or any abrasive body or facial scrubs.
• Do not go sit in the sun or go to the tanning booth prior to your service.
• Discontinuing any product that exfoliates or dries the skin for at least 1 week prevents tears, scabbing or burning.
• Avoid getting spray tanned before any waxing procedure. Wax tends to lift the color off your skin leaving it patchy-looking.
• Some products that conflict with waxing are:
• Accutane, Differin, Retin A/Retinol, Glycolic acid/AHA’s, ProActive, Avita, Benzoyl, peroxide, Salicylic acid/ BHA’s. These are only some of the products that we are aware of that may cause problems. New ones come out every day! If you have any doubt, don’t use it or don’t wax.
What are eyelash extensions?
– Eyelash extensions are semi permanent fibers comprised of polyester that are curved to mimic the look of a natural eyelash. The extensions are thicker at the base and taper to a fine point. They are applied to a single natural eyelash, one at a time, to add gorgeous length & fullness.
What are the benefits of wearing eyelash extensions?
– Eyelash extensions lengthen and thicken your natural lashes, many women with naturally light colored lashes also choose extensions to darken their existing lashes. Eyelash extensions are a cheaper alternative to plastic surgery, giving you a brighter, open, rested, youthful look! A huge advantage of extensions is how much time you save everyday during your beauty regimen, Toss out your mascara and eyeliner is no longer a necessity! Wake up looking beautiful all day; every day!
Will lash extensions damage my eyelashes?
– No! Extensions are actually gentler on your natural lashes than using a curler and mascara which can dry out & break your eyelashes, extensions not only look real, they feel real.
What is the procedure like?
– Applying a full set of extensions is a painless safe, and relaxing procedure. It will take about one and a half hours for a full set, and you will be comfortably reclined with your eyes closed. Lash fills take about 1 hour.
How long do extensions last?
– The look can be maintained indefinitely with continuing your lash fills. The extension will last the life span of your natural eyelashes. When your natural eyelashes shed, the extension will go with it, and you will grow a new eyelash in its place that will need a new extension. Our natural eyelashes shed every 30-60 days, and this is a natural process that occurs with or without extensions. Lash fills are necessary on average every 2-4 weeks to maintain your desired look. Every individual will vary on how often they come for maintenance. Many factors including lifestyle, medications, and proper care, contribute to this. Purchase the appropriate fill time at the frequency you want to maintain the look you desire.
How do I care for my extensions?
– Avoid getting them wet for the first 24 hours, including no steam, sauna, or spa. Never pull or rub your lashes, and avoid getting cleansers, moisturizers, or any non-approved makeup remover onto the lashes. Please do not use an eyelash curler on your extensions as they are already curled for you.
Can I wear mascara?
– One of the major benefits of extensions is that you don’t need to wear mascara. However, Vanity Lash Lounge carries a suitable mascara specially formulated for the extensions that can play them up, or help even things out between fills, without breaking down the extension glue.
Homecare and maintenance for brow extensions
– Do not wet the eyebrow area for 24 hours after application.
– Do not clean with any product containing oil.
– Be careful when cleaning the area and don’t rub the area dry after getting out of the shower.
– Do not use an eyebrow pencil to fill in your brows.
– A mineral brow powder can be used to maintain your brows.
– Do not try to remove the hairs by yourself at home.
If you have any further questions we can answer for you, please do not hesitate to contact us! We would be happy to assist you!